What you can do:
1. Support the protests
21 June was an international day of action in solidarity with the #noprotestlaw campaign. Find details of protests on the day and afterwards on the international campaign website and the FreeMahienour Facebook page. A march by activists in Cairo against the protest law was attacked and around a quarter of the participants were arrested. See our collection of posters for the new detainees here, follow the latest on charges from the international campaign website.
2. Let President al-Sisi know the world is watching
Email, telephone and fax the embassy of Egypt in your country. Click here for the full list.
3. Share and spread the world
- Use the #noprotestlaw hashtag on Twitter
- Follow @Egy_Solidarity and other accounts spreading news of the protests. Public list here
- Share from the FreeMahienour Facebook page publishing regularly in English and Arabic and Egypt Solidarity Initiative publishing in English. Liberté aux détenus en égypte (France).