Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law and to free the thousands of detainees seized by the military regime.
What you can do:
1. Support the protests
21 June was an international day of action in solidarity with the #noprotestlaw campaign. Find details of protests on the day and afterwards on the international campaign website and the FreeMahienour Facebook page. A march by activists in Cairo against the protest law was attacked and around a quarter of the participants were arrested. See our collection of posters for the new detainees here, follow the latest on charges from the international campaign website.
2. Let President al-Sisi know the world is watching
Email, telephone and fax the embassy of Egypt in your country. Click here for the full list.
3. Share and spread the world
- Use the #noprotestlaw hashtag on Twitter
- Follow @Egy_Solidarity and other accounts spreading news of the protests. Public list here
- Share from the FreeMahienour Facebook page publishing regularly in English and Arabic and Egypt Solidarity Initiative publishing in English. Liberté aux détenus en égypte (France).
- English posters for individual prisoners and general placards against the protest law and to free the detainees
- Affiches digitales pour les detenus
- Subtitled videos
- Campaign guide for distribution at meetings and events. [Campaign guide]
10 thoughts on “Resources: #noprotestlaw campaign”
Pingback: International solidarity lifts #noprotestlaw campaign while Cairo march attacked | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Yara Sallam in jail, and the moral bankruptcy of the United States | a paper bird
Pingback: South Korean trade unions condemn repression in Egypt | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Event: Resisting the generals’ crackdown | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Hundreds defy protest law in Cairo march for Palestine | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Resources: #noprotestlaw campaign | Popalumi's Blog
Pingback: Mahienour’s sentence reduced on appeal, but other trials postponed | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Retrial of Alaa Abdel Fattah and others adjourned until September | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Model resolution: Justice for the victims of military repression in Egypt | Egypt Solidarity
Pingback: Solidarity with Mahienour and Egyptian prisoners from Indonesia and Australia | Egypt Solidarity