Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell MP and Irish MPs and members of the Stormont Assembly in Northern Ireland from People before Profit are among the latest high-profile signatories to the solidarity statement with political prisoners in Egypt. TDs (members of the Irish parliament) Brid Smith, RIchard Boyd Barrett and Gino Kenny, and elected members of the Northern Irish Stormont Assembly Gerry Carroll and Eamonn McCann have added their support.
Other recent signatures include Quim Arrufat, international secretary of left-wing Catalan party CUP, Manuel Cortes, general secretary of the rail union TSSA and Petros Constantinou, Municipal Councillor in Athens for ANTARSYA.
Take action now in solidarity with Egypt’s political prisoners:
- Sign the statement against the crackdown here
- Write a letter of protest to the Egyptian authorities
- Download a paper copy of the statement to collect signatures (please enter names using the online form). [April 25 statement]
- Download a leaflet version of this page [25April_leaflet
- Take a solidarity photo with workmates or colleagues and share with us via Facebook or Twitter. [free_MahmoudEzzat] [free_SanaaSeif] [free_haitham] [free_nagykamel] [free_mohamednagy] [free_ahmedabdallah]
- Use our Facebook cover
- Support the Truth for Giulio / Justice for Egypt’s Disappeared campaign. More resources here